New User Registration
This article is broken out as follows and will explain how to setup new Gabriel users and assign them the appropriate level of access. Data security best practices dictate that users are given the least amount of access to data such that they are able to accomplish their tasks successfully. Users that do not require complete access to all data and functions (Church Administrator function) should be given access to the functions they require and no more.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Before you can configure a user’s access, they must go through the Gabriel User Registration process. Each user is required to have their own login to Gabriel. Sharing of user credentials is not allowed and a violation of the Gabriel subscription agreement.
1. Have your user browse to the registration page here: New User Registration Link
2. The user's email address will be pre-filled as the username. Passwords must be at least 6 characters contain at least 1 uppercase letter, at least 1 lowercase letter, at least 1 number, and at least 1 special character. Spaces can be used and we often recommend a sentence like: Tommy is 6!
3. Click Register and the new user will receive a confirmation notice asking them to check their email.
4. The following email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org and the Subject of the email will be Account Confirmation. This email includes (2) PDF Documents Gabriel External Facing Service Policy and Gabriel Master Subscription Agreement which the will require the user to accept the the terms and conditions by clicking on I Agree.
5. Once the user clicks I Agree they will receive the following response and will be required to Log In using the login credentials they just created. Once in they will need to choose their diocese and church.
6. Once in they will be presented with a list of Diocese's. Scroll down the list and when you locate your diocese click View.
7. Choose your church by clicking join. The following message will be received confirming the registration process was successful. Please notify your Parish Administrator that you have completed the process so that they can approve your access and assign the appropriate access.
8. Once your Parish Administrator approves your access you will receive the following email inviting you to login to your Gabriel Database.
Approving a User’s Registration
1. Once they have completed registration through the selecting of their diocese and parish, the user now needs to be approved by a parish administrator. To see those users awaiting approval, you will use the Administrative drop down menu and select User Security as shown below.
2. Once on the User Security screen you will see users awaiting approval appear at the top under New User Requests. Click the Approve link next to their name or if this is not an authorized user you can select Reject.
When you click Approve you will be brought into the user security profile where you will be able to assign access rights. Depending on the user’s role you will want to assign appropriate access rights.
Gabriel User Roles
There are two Gabriel user roles within each of the applications modules which include Families, Committees, Fund Raising (offertory), Religious Ed and Ministry Scheduling. Within each module you can have users with a Manager role which allows them to perform any function within that module as well as access to the reporting functions. If a user is assigned a Helper role some of the functionality is limited. For example, a family helper can add new families and members but cannot delete family and member records.
You can see these Gabriel User Roles are clearly shown in two columns on the security access screen shown below. You will use a combination of these roles to properly assign rights to your users. Please contact customer support if you need assistance assigning the appropriate access level.
Sample Parish User Roles
Below are some common roles within the parish that we have highlighted along with their suggested security access.