Level Maintenance (Step 1)
If you are new to using the Religious Ed Module, the first step in setting up your program is creating levels. Level Maintenance allows you to set up all the grade levels that are currently in your Religious Ed Program. It will also define the level your students will be moved to when you promote your students at the end of the year.
If you have an established program then you will not have to do this step at all unless you have to make updates. Please see the screenshot below for an example as to how you might set up Level Maintenance for your Religious Ed program.
- Level defines the levels/grades to be used in creating the religious ed classes. When entering this field keep it simple like the example in above.
- Description you can get a little more creative with your class descriptions.
- Next Level defines the next level your students will be promoted to upon completion of the current year. For example, if you are setting up Grade 1 then the Next Level you would choose would be 2nd Grade, and so on.
- Religious Education Email defines an email that is to be used that is different than the Religious Ed email defined in the Administrative Tab > Religious Education Maintenance. This field is optional, therefore if no email is defined in this field then the default email would be the Religious Ed Email.
- Example: If you create a level and add an email in this field, such as email@example.com (as used in our screenshot above), this is the email address the email will be sent from. This will allow any responses to the emails to go directly to the kindergarten teacher.
- Student Fee is the amount your parish charges for that particular class. This field can be edited if your fee amount changes.
- Sacrament is where you would indicate that this class ends with the conferring of a sacrament typically First Communion or Confirmation.
- Level is the same field that you will enter into the Committee Position when adding your Students to the Committees. If these two fields are not the same then you will not see your students names in the drop-down list when adding them to their classes.
- If you belong to a cluster/linked parishes, and some of your students will be participating in a class other than the church they are registered in, then you should contact the other DRE's in your cluster/linked parishes and establish the same Level Maintenance.
Additional Information about the Level field mentioned in Step 2: