Creating a New Fund
Before you can enter any contributions, process batches, run a Capital Campaign, collect Religious Education Fees and payments for parish events you need to create a fund in eCatholic ChMs to put these contributions and payments into. Before creating a fund the parish should decide how they would like to see a breakout of contributions in the reports. For example, is it beneficial to see a single fund for regular offertory, a fund for each of the church second collections and a fund for each of the Diocesan second collections. For Diocesan wide initiatives the Diocese will often times specify what funds they wish the parishes to have. Check with your Diocese if you part of a Diocesan wide initiative.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Creating A New Fund
1. Go to Fund Raising > Fund Maintenance > New Fund
2. A Fund Creation pop-up will appear.
- Fund Description: Enter the name of the Fund. This is up to the Parish or the Diocese to establish Fund Names. The name can be edited at any time.
- If you are creating a new fund leave the default fund status as Active. Clicking on the drop-down arrow will enable you to set the fund to Inactive.
- No Frequency - This allows you to set the frequency of the collection. For example, if it was the Weekly Collection you can set the frequency as Weekly. This field is optional.
- From Date and To Date - This is used to define the date parameters of the fund. The From Date can define the earliest contribution entered and the To Date can define the last entries giving you an idea as to the timeframe of the contributions that were entered into the fund. This date can also represent the length of a Capital Campaign or Annual Fund Drive.
- No Bucket - This field is used to group your funds into Buckets for Annual Statements.
- Fund Goal - This field is often used when the parish is running a Capital Campaign or Annual Appeal and you would like to see a snapshot of the goal vs. contributions entered. As you enter contributions the gray box will update.
- Click Create
Tip: At year-end if you are no longer using a fund you can set the fund to a status of Inactive. The fund will then be moved to the Inactive Funds tab. This does not delete the fund or any contribution information. It simply moves the fund and all it's contributions to the Inactive tab allowing the Active tab to contain only those funds that are currently in use. Any fund in the Inactive tab can be marked Active at anytime.
Editing An Existing Fund
If you need to change any information in the Funds Information tab scroll to Fundraising > Funds Maintenance > open the fund you wish to edit. When you open a fund it will default to the Fund Information tab. Make any changes on this screen and be click Save when done.