Adding a New Family and the Associated Member Records
IN THIS ARTICLE:
If you are part of a Diocesan initiative or a Cluster and/or Collaborative then you would search across all the churches to ensure the family record does not already exist. If the family record exists in another church add them to your church and assign the appropriate family status. Following this practice will prevent you from creating duplicate family/member records.
Adding a New Family Record
- Only the Last Name field is required. All other fields are optional.
- You may use one name or multiple names for the First Name field.
- When entering Family Email or Telephone the drop down arrow is used to specify families' contact preferences. If you use One Call Now Integration and the family wants to receive phone calls you should check Voice Message Notifications.
- The Mailing Name field is used by Church Budget for envelope integration, and it's an available option for printing labels. The integration will first look in the Mailing Name field. If it contains data, the value in the Mailing Name field will be the first line on the budget envelope or mailing labels. Contrarily, if there is nothing in that field then it will default to Salutation + First Name + Last Name.
- Check the Has Envelopes box if you are going to use Church Budget Envelope Integration and/or the parishioner receives giving envelopes. Then be sure to assign a unique Budget Number to the family.
- The Gabriel Unique Family ID is only extremely beneficial when contacting customer support about a Family Record. There is only one family assigned to each Family ID, and no two families have the same Family ID number.
- For families that were converted from a previous system the fields System and System Family contains a previous system designator and family system ID# it was converted from.
Adding Associated Member Records