Adding a Member to a Committee
You can add members to committees via Member Maintenance or Committee Maintenance.
Tip: If you are adding a significant number of students, teachers and/or aides the quickest way to add them is via Committee Maintenance. You avoid having to search for each individual member.
Adding a Member to a Committee via Member Maintenance
1. Scroll to Families > Member Search ( Using Family and Member Search )
2. On the Member Maintenance form, click on the Committees tab
3. Click on New Committee and up a pop-up screen will appear. Select the Committee that you wish to add the member to from the drop-down box. If the Committee you are looking for is not in the drop-down please click on this link ( Adding a New Committee ).
4. Committee Position is used to define the position within the committee. For example, Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Member to name a few.
Note: A parish/diocese can setup a Committee Attribute type Position. If these positions are added as an attribute then when you add a member to a committee this list of positions will show in the drop-down menu as shown in the screenshot below. This will allow for consistent entries of positions across all committees. For example, Vice President can be added as VP or V-President or Vice President. To prevent multiple position names from occurring we suggest you add your positions by selecting Add Position under the Attributes Tab. For additional information on adding Committee Attributes please click on this link Committee Maintenance Attributes
5. Start Date and End Date is used to indicate a members term on a committee.
Note: Gabriel will be setting up an automatic job to remove the members when their term expires. Please contact Customer Support to inquire about the release of this feature.
6. Year - Use to define the year the member joins the committee. This will help to track how long a parishioner has been on a committee.
7: Preferred Service, Family Schedule, Month Week, Max Per Month are fields that are used for Ministry Scheduling. If this is a Member that is being added and will be used by Ministry Scheduling please refer to this Solution article that will explain how the fields are used for Ministry Scheduling. ( Ministry Scheduling - Committee Assignments )
8. If this is a Member that is being added to any of the Religious Ed Committees please refer to this Solution article that will explain how the fields are used for the Religious Ed Module. ( Religious Ed - Adding Aides, Students, and Teachers )
9. Press the Save button and the member is now on the Committee
Adding a Member to a Committee via Committee Maintenance
1. Scroll to Committees > Committee Maintenance and select the committee by clicking on the committee name where you wish to add or edit members. The following screen will appear when you open Committee Maintenance. When adding a member from this screen you do not have to choose a committee. However, you may need to fill in the remaining fields depending on the committee you are adding the member to. Please refer to Step 4 and 9.